July 16, 2007

Hong Kong Fried Rice (My Style)

I call this Hong Kong Fried Rice My Style because I'm using the leftover ingredients I have at home to cook the fried rice. So basically, this is the equation for my version of HK Fried Rice:

HK Fried Rice - boiled cabbage - shrimp - sweetend sausage (Kun Chieng) = My HK Fried Rice

Ingredients:



5 Cups of Steamed Cook Rice
2 Cups of Roasted Red Pork in Cube
2 Cups of cooked peas, cube carrots and sweet corm
(Note: I used frozen peas, carrots and corn. Easier to cook)
2 Eggs
2 Table Spoon of Tsoyu or Soy Sauce
1 Table Spoon of Gold Mountain Seasoning Sauce
1 Table Spoon of Sugar
1 Table Spoon of Salt
1 Table Spoon of Vegetable Oil
2 Cloves of Minced Garlic
Directions:



Saute garlic in oil. Add the pork; cook until brown. Add rice to fried mixture. Add the peas, carrots and corn. Add eggs and fry. Continue stirring until eggs are cooked. Add tsoyu, soy sauce, salt, and sugar.

The serving is for 4 people or 2 people if both of you are big eaters.

Note: The most important thing about cooking is that you should not follow the exact amount of ingredients suggested in the cook book. What's important is to follow your own taste.

No comments: